To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My strength and my courage is the LORD (Update on Deb for Monday, October 8, 2007)

Dear Ones,

Tonight, Charity has provided the following update, knowing how much the Lovers of Deb Smith are lifting Deb and the whole family up to God in prayer and thanksgiving:

First, I haven't had to make a meal in about two weeks, thanks to the meals from friends. What a gift!

Nellie, Zach and I returned home from Ashley later last week. We spent several days at our mom's bedside, and were relieved to see her temperature go down.

She is still sleeping most of the day and night. She is getting great care from family and her nurses. Her situation still remains critical.

As of last Thursday, her main hospice nurse said that her life expectancy, based on the symptoms she sees, is a few days or a week.

Love,
Charity

------------------------------------

God, indeed is my savior;
I am confident and unafraid.
My strength and my courage is the LORD,
and he has been my savior.

(Isaiah 12:2)

No comments: