To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

In God Alone is my salvation!

Today God has drawn close to Deb through the Psalms of David. Darla notes that,

"It is truly wonderful to read scriptures to Deb and watch her drinking them in."

In the next few posts to Loving Deb Smith, Deb will share those Scripture passages that have ministered deeply to her today, in hopes that they will do the same for you. Please use these passages as you continue to pray for Deb and her family. Thank you! Here are the first few:

Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah.
(ESV)

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
(NASB)

Psalm 71:20
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.
(NIV)

Psalm 62: 1-2
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
(NIV)

Psalm 94: 18-19
If I say , "My foot slips,"
Your mercy , O Lord, will hold me up.
In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul

Psalm 34: 18-19
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted,
saves those whose spirit is crushed.
Many are the troubles of the just, but the LORD delivers from them all.
God watches over all their bones; not a one shall be broken.

No comments: