To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Strength and Weakness

Dearest Ones,

Darla reports that Deb has continued to draw close to Jesus in her suffering and weakness. She rests much, continues to have extreme nausea and, consequently, difficulty eating and keeping fluids down. Please pray for her comfort:
Your hands made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
May those who fear You see me and be glad,
Because I wait for Your word.
...
O may Your Lovingkindness comfort me,
According to Your word to Your servant.
May Your compassion come to me that I may live..
...
My soul languishes for Your salvation;

I wait for Your word.
My eyes fail with longing for Your word,
While I say, "When will you comfort me?"
(Ps 119: 73-74, 76-77, 81-82, NASB)

No comments: