To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Call to Worship: In Him we live and move and have our being

The following is a transcript of one of Deb's Calls to Worship featured on the podcast player that you can find in the left side bar:

Halleluiah!

That used to be my Grandma Ida's favorite song. My little Grandma Ida used to sing that song. Whoo--

I want you to get a pencil out, and I want you to get a piece of paper.
Because I have something I want you to write down, to remember this week. OK?
Sorry! I didn't mean to make you work! (LOL)
You can actually use the bulletin, you know; you can write on that, (LOL) OK.

Now, I am reading from Acts 17 and I have just been enjoying reading that this week. Because it tells a story...and I like to read. So, I've been reading Acts. This Scripture, really, I have been meditating on it all week. So, write down Act 17, verse 28. Now, this is Paul and he is talking to some unbelievers about Jesus and who Jesus was, starting in verse 26:

From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.
[and this is what I want you to write down]
'For in him [that's in Jesus] we live and move and have our being.'
(Act 17:26-28)
Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Jesus!
LORD, I am aware that there are many needs out in this congregation this morning ... many needs and many joys and there are many needs. And, LORD, this is a sacred time ... that we pray that you will come and touch us. Whether we have a joy ... whether we have a need ... if we are unsaved. Please come and touch us, because we know that you care about us, even as you care about the little sparrow.

Thank You, Jesus. We love You, Jesus. We love You, Jesus...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
You are in my heart and prayers, dear one!

For a few weeks now...it seems when I've prayed and cried and believed and prayed and cried some more, the Lord takes me to a place that I can only describe as "Creative Calm."

I often think of you as I'm painting or drawing or gluing or even just surrounding myself with color...I am currently reading the book suggested on your blog: "Praying in COLOR." I confess I wax and wane between praying and playing, but my art and my prayer are both truly thought-full processes.

I have created an "Art Blog" in order to have a place to digitally "store" these 'creations': http://www.pclouse.blogspot.com Are you able to sit long enough to look at some things on the net? Do you still keep up with the blog comments and such? I would hope my art would encourage you...if for no other reason but to know that YOU had a hand in it as well.

Your artistic worship of God reminds me that we can lay our gifts...whatever they may be, on the Altar of worship and God not only accepts them He delights in them. I hear your voice as well as His, dear sister. And I am grateful beyond words...you have given me so much over the years: not just friendship but encouragement. Not just advice but wisdom. Not just instruction but example. Not just grace but courage. You are truly one of the bravest women I have ever known.

I am humbled to call you my friend. Please know that you are in my daily/hourly prayers, and that you are still encouraging, still inspiring...even with words spoken years ago.

Much Love and Gratitude,
Paula Clare