To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Praise God for cream of wheat!

Tom reports that Deb is better today.
A new med yesterday is helping with the nausea. Nellie fixed Deb cream of wheat for breakfast this morning, and it stayed down. First food to stay down in over a month.

Praise the Lord for the small things, especially cream of wheat.

Blessings,
tom
Israel I would feed with the finest wheat, satisfy them with honey from the rock.
(Psalm 81:17)

2 comments:

Geoff Thurman said...

Very often, I have been quite critical of those who deem themselves as "spiritual parents". The glory of watching your "child" hitting their first home run has to be balanced with cleaning up the dirty diapers and spit up.

Deb and Tom, you have been my spiritual Mom and Dad for more years than I can remember. I often look at a circumstance and wonder how you would handle it. I fail miserably when I realize I don't have what is necessary to reach my goal.

Now it's time for me to return the favor. Mom and Dad, I pray, but you also taught me to look for other action. What can I do? How can I help?

I'm not tough enough (like I know you are) to handle this. I want to ask God if He knows what He's doing (stupid question ... no wonder Peter is one of my heroes). None of that matters now. I'm coming to the party late, but I'm here now.

Anonymous said...

Hi aunt Deb this is Cassandra Robinson, Bria's step daughter. I sure do wish you the best of all. I love you very much!
love, Cassandra