To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Saturday, June 23, 2007

In the words of Steve Perry...

Jill_Klinehamer, Charity's friend since college, offers the following:

My name is Jill. I am 35, and live in Cleveland, Ohio. And that is enough about ME! I know Deb through her daughter, Charity, who was my freshman roommate at Taylor U. I haven't seen Deb since Hal & Char's wedding, but I am deeply interested in, concerned about, saddened and moved by Deb's battle with cancer. Charity has been a dear friend for over 15 years, and an inspiration to me. I would not be who I am today without knowing Char, and Char would not be the amazing woman she is without the dynamic influence of her inimitable and fantastic mother, Deb.
Deb, I can't begin to imagine the depth of your pain. I am so sorryyou're feeling lousy. Pain is a drag, and I know a spunky gal like you has a billion better things to do: paintings to be painted, animals to be fed, children to be loved and squeezed! So, I am using all my might to hope and wish and pray as hard as I can to SEND THAT PAIN PACKING! Knowing such an ebullient soul as yourself is in such misery tears me up (either definition of the word "tears" is applicable, here.)

When I was in junior high, I had a crush on Steve Perry from Journey. He had a ridiculously huge nose, an unusual facial mole, and a mullet to beat the band, but I wanted to marry him anyway. I've since come to my senses, but I still can't help moving to the beat on the odd occasion that I hear certain Journey songs.

Don't Stop Believing is a flagrantly cheesy song, but if it would make you smile, I would don a mullet wig, stand up on the end of your bed, and sing (into the imaginary mic of my thumb) "Don't Stop Believin'!!!!!" for you. You would probably kick me in the shins, and I would fall off the bed, crashing to the floor (which would not necessarily stop me from singing) but IF if would bring a grin, however fleeting, I would do it for you, girl!

I have always been a champion of the underdog, and I've never let personal humiliation stand in the way of my attempts to make someone feel better...if only for a moment. :)

I love you, Deb!!! Hang in there! You can do this!!! :)

No comments: