To help financially during this time of great need, please forward your offering to Tom's sister:
Darla Wexttsen, 16738 N. Tolle Lane, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
checks may be made payable to "Grace Community Church"

There is also a deposit account set up at US Bank to help defray Deb's uncovered medical expenses.
Visit any US Bank branch office to make a deposit in cash or by check for "Deborah A. Smith Memorial Fund".
Please be sure to mention Charity Paddock or Nellie Haverkos to be sure the gift is properly deposited.

If you use this link to join iGive.com, then go shopping there, as much as 26% of your purchases will help the family.

RECENT COMMENTS (Add one by clicking on a post"s Comments link)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We just got word that mom is coming home tonight!

Nellie provided this update. Looks like Deb will be/is home.
I just can not tell you how nice it was to be among people who truly care for my parents. There really are not words to express how grateful I am ... It has helped to give me a much needed boost of energy.
I began the social security/medicare application process a few weeks ago. We were automatically denied for any type of asisstance, but I was told that we could be eligible for medicare benefits which would be wonderful. I also learned that if you are approved (which can take six months) there is a mandatory 29 month waiting period. I am going to pursue it anyway. You never know.

I am going to talk to Darla this week and see what is available as far as services go in their area. It is so rural, that I fear that they won't have a lot of the services that we might find here. If only we could get the medicaid approval!!!! All of that would be covered.
My mother-in-law has agreed to post something in (her) the restaurant ...

We just got word that mom is coming home tonight! Zach and I will be there in about 24 hours to help with getting hospice in and cleaning the house.
Regarding Nellie's note that her mother-in-law will be "posting something in the restaurant", if you own a retail business and would like to do the same, or know others who would be interested in doing so, and want some help with materials, please contact LovingDebSmith

No comments: